Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106

Thread: Gate City - Castlewood

  1. #81
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    Cumberland district regular season and tournament, and they're one of the most consistently good programs in the area.
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  2. #82
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?.. The goal when you begin a season is not to win 1 game, 5 games, district, or even region...the goal is to win State Championships. When they win one of those talk your talk. Until then let it go..GC smacked em down.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #83
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    Smacked em down? I didn't know a game in the single digits was a smack down. Especially without your best player. I always thought 20+ smackdown.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #84
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    If state championships are all that counts then Castlewood hasn't won many of those in anything.. We may get a state championship in golf in the next couple years if we are lucky.. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #85
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    As far as I'm concerned a loss is a smackdown...whether it be by 1 or 101. A loss is a loss.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #86
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    If state championships are the only thing that counts as winning then I guess there haven't been too many teams around here winning in recent years [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Besides that, I disagree, your first goal is win district, then region after that, and then state. How many state champions are there that haven't won their district or their region?? Not very many....
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  7. #87
    Inactive Member Justafan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2006
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    I wasn't abit surprised to see JJK fans cheering against the Blue Devils of GC as their girls went down to the GC girls just minutes before. I guess they don't have much LPD pride as far as the Devils are concerned. However, the night when Castlewood faced JIB, GC's fans stayed and cheered the Raiders on. At one point, the student section was comprised of GC students and Norton students shouting LPD.....LPD...and Lets Go Raiders....which I thought showed alot of LPD pride. JJK fans did do one thing and that was make the GC fans yell that much louder. As for the TS fans and players that came and yelled for their fellow Scott County Team, I guarantee that if in the future the roles are reversed, GC fans will be there yelling for you, as I sure will. Mark Dockery sure looked good in the Blue Devil blue and wished we had him on the team as well......

  8. #88
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    The ultimate goal should be a state championship, but if you only focus on that, you'll not get there very often. You have to take the first steps. It has been proven that its very tough for a team to be the lower ranked team and win out.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #89
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    Maybe I just look at things differently than you guys do. I played baseball all of little league and 2 years of varsity, I played Football for a total of 10 years, and I wrestled for 2 years. During all of that I never went into a season with any expectations of anything other than a state championship. Our coaches didn't harp on district or regional championships either. From the start the main premise of being there was a state championship. Granted sometimes that was a lil far fetched, but still it was the goal. District and regional honors were just stepping stones on the way. Furthermore, I can't ever remember our fans or my teammates or myself ever bragging about winning district or region d. I can't ever remember celebrating a lpd or region d crown. But, I can remember 2 hellacious parties after state championships. Your goal should be what you are capable of i guess. If your expectations are district and regional championships, well then I guess that's good enough for you. It never was good enough in my eyes tho. Just my opinion. But I don't see harping about measly little district and regional championships.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #90
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City - Castlewood

    Appy has won state in football at least 3 times and not won the LPD. So there's some validation Pioneerblue. Study up...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •